What is TNPDS?
The government of Tamil Nadu have digitalized the distribution and registration of the Smart Ration card. Tamil Nadu Public Distribution System ( TNPDS ) is the official portal to provide information and services like food security and consumer protection to the residents of Tamil Nadu. Previously the people of Tamil Nadu have to visit their local nearby offices to apply for and get their ration cards but now all this system is made online. Now you can apply or register for the new smart ration card online only. As the process got smarter, the govt. is converting the old ration cards into new smart ration cards.
Multiple types of ration cards are offered by the government of TN, the application process, and every other important information is given below, so make sure you don’t miss it.
Also check latest updates on Patta Chitta Online Portal Tamil Nadu
How to apply for TNPDS Smart Ration Card?
There are two ways to apply for the Smart Ration card and you can apply for the same both online and offline. You can follow the application process for both online and offline method from below.
Smart Ration Card online Application Process.
Just follow the simple series of steps given below to apply for the Smart Ration card online.
- Visit the official Portal of TNPDS from here.
- On the home page, look for the option to Smart Card Application.
- A new page will open where you need to fill in the required details about you and family-like name, number, address and family head etc. You also need to upload your photo and some supplementary documents like your residence proof etc.
- Before you submit the form make sure to check every filled detail once.
- After you click on the submit button, you will receive the application number on the registered mobile number. Keep that number with you because it is used to check the status of the Ration card.
Smart Ration Card offline application Process
The Government has made the application process very simple and transparent by making it online but if you can not apply online due to any reason then you can follow the offline process given below.
- You need to visit the Govt. associated Ration shop in your nearby location.
- Get the application form the shop or download it from here.
- Fill up the application form and attach the required documents and submit it at the concerned department office nearby.
- After validation of the documents, you will be provided with your application or reference number.
- Keep that number so that you can track your application status online or offline.
Types of Digital Ration Cards issued on the TNPDS
The government of Tamil Nadu offers 4 types of Digital ration cards on the TNPDS portal. Residents of Tamil Nadu can take benefits of any of the following Ration cards given below.
- Light Green Cards — These cards are issued to provide rice and other essential commodities from the fair price shops.
- White Cards — These cards are issued to provide extra 3kg Sugar over the quota which is prescribed.
- No Commodity Card — These cards are issued to the people who are not authorised to get any commodity from the Ration shops.
- Khaki Cards — These cards are issued to the police personnel up to the inspectors rank.
List of required documents for application of DIgital Ration Card.
Documents which are required for the digital ration card are listed below. Make sure to keep these documents ready while applying for the Smart ration card or any other digital ration card.
- Aadhar Card or number
- Photograph of the applicant
- Bank passbook and Pan card
- Caste/category certificate if any
- Income certificate
- Electricity bill
How to check Smart Ration Card Status?
If you have registered for the smart ration card whether online or offline, you will be provided with the Reference number or application number. Keep the number with you and follow the steps given below to check your ration card status.
- Visit the TNPDS official portal from the link given above.
- On the homepage click on the Smart Card Application Status.
- On this new page fill your reference number or application number and click on the record.
- Once your reference number is validated, the status of your application will be displayed.
Some Benefits of the Smart Ration Card
Some of the benefits of the new smart ration card by TNPDS are given below.
- This will add more transparency to the process of providing food security services to the needy.
- This digitalization has improved the ease of access and decreased the time consumption.
- This removes the chances of any corruption and every resident of Tamil Nadu who are eligible for the smart ration card=s can apply by visiting the official portal online only without visiting any physical location.
How to register a complaint on the Tamil Nadu Public Distribution System Portal?
If you have any complaint then follow the steps given below to forward it to the TNODS.
- Visit the official portal of TNPDS from here.
- You will get the option of Registering a complaint on the homepage of the portal onnly.
- A new page will open where you need to provide basic details like your name, mobile number, email and problem. Once you fill all the details then click on submit.
Some other services which are available on the Official Portal.
- Ration cardholders can add or remove family members in the card through the Tnpds portal
- In case of any change of address or head member of the family, you will have to make the changes online through the official portal.
- Cardholders can cancel or surrender their ration cards or they can also change their old cards into the new smart ration card and sugar card to Rice cards.