Patta Chitta portal is an initiative from the Government of Tamil Nadu which aims to provide Land record data and documents of Tamil Nadu on an online portal. Digitalising improves accessibility and transparency. Patta is actually a document that keeps the revenue record of a specific piece of land and Chitta is a document that keeps a record of ownership & size of that specific property.
What is Patta Chitta?
As we have discussed above that what type of document Patta and Chitta is. Patta is also termed as ROR or Record of Rights as it is the only document required to prove your legal right over a specific land. The data include details like:-
- Name of the owner of land
- Patta Number
- Tax Details
- Type of land for example Wet land or Dry Land.
Chitta is the documents that record the area, size, and ownership details of the land. Both the documents were issued by the Tamil Nadu government and now the Government has merged both and all the land revenue record is now kept as patta.
How to apply online for Patta Chitta Tamil Nadu
A step by step guide is given below for the application of patta chitta document by the Tamil Nadu Government. Simply follow the steps given below to apply for Patta Chitta onlin.
- Visit the official e-services portal of Tamil Nadu from here.
- Now you need to click on the first option which is View Patta & FMB / Chitta / TSLR Extract
- A new page will open where you need to select your District and type of area.
- On this new page, you need to fill the details like Taluk, Village etc as shown in the image given below.
- After filling just check the information provided and submit it.
Documents required for online Registration
While applying for the patta chitta document online on e services portal of Tamil Nadu you will be required to have the documents listed below.
- SaleDeed both original and a copy
- Possession proof like electricity bill or tax receipt.
- Encumbrance certificate
How to Check Patta Chitta Status
- Visit the Tamil Nadu E-district portal from here.
- YOu just need to fill in your application id on the page.
- Once you click on check status, your application id will be validated and after validation, your records will appear.
How to Transfer Patta
In case of sale of land or property, the patta chitta document needs to be transferred to the new owner. You can follow the process given below to transfer patta.
- You need to file an application for Patta transfer in your respective Tehsildar Office. You can not transfer the Patta document online.
- The authorities fully own the right to reject or accept your application on the base of examination of the specified property and documents.
How to validate or Verify your Patta Certificate?
- Visit the official e services portal of tamil nadu from here.
- Click on the verify patta option.
- On the new page you just need to enter your reference number and click on submit.
How to view A – register extract
- Visit the e-service portal of Tamil Nadu from the link given above.
- On the homepage click on the option’ View A-Register Extract‘
- A new page will open where you need to fill in some details like
- Survey Number
- Subdivision Number
- After filling the details just give it a check and click on submit.
- After the Validation of your details, your document will appear.
Frequently Asked Questions
Visit the E district portal Tamil Nadu from this link and fill in your application id to check your patta status.
A nominal fee of Rs 100 is charged
Yes, You need to have patta as a legal evidence of your ownership of land.