JNANABHUMI Portal was started in 2017 By the Andhra Pradesh Govt with the aim of increasing the educational opportunities for all. The Jnanabhumi platform is a completely paperless and digital platform where aspiring students of Andhra Pradesh can apply for Post metric scholarship schemes offered by the Govt.
Andhra Pradesh Govt. have multiple educational schemes for the people of the state and also they have specific opportunities for the minorities and backward class communities. The total budget of the Scheme is set to around 5000 crores and that is distributed into almost 17 Lakh students every year
Scholarship Schemes offered on JNANABHUMI Portal
Government of Andhra Pradesh offers 2 different scholarship opportunities that are POST MATRIC AND PRE-MATRIC Scholarship Schemes.
POST MATRIC SCHOLARSHIP SCHEMES
Andhra Pradesh Government provides the Post Matric scholarship schemes to all the eligible students who belong to SC, ST, BC, Minorities, Kapu, EBC, and Differently-Abled communities through JNANABHUMI. The scholarship schemes involve two types of financial aid for education which are listed below.
1. RTF ( Reimbursement of. Tuition Fee ) – the full amount is reimbursed to all students who are verified for the scholarship scheme.
2. MTF ( Maintenance Fees ) – Rs. 10,000 to IT Students, Rs. 15,000 to polytechnic students and Rs. 20,000 to students pursuing other degrees for maintenance or mess charges.
Eligibility Criiteria for Post Matric Scholarship Schemes
If you fulfil the criteria given below then you are eligible to apply for the Post Matric scholarship schemes on the JNANABHUMI portal.
- Students who are pursuing polytechnic, Information technology, or any other higher degree course from any institute or colleges in association with state boards or universities can apply for the scheme.
- An aggregate attendance of 75% is compulsory to be eligible for applying for the scholarship schemes.
- If you are a student of any private university or you are into a distance learning program then you are not eligible for the offered scholarship scheme.
- Day scholars or students living in college attached hostels or department attached hostels both can apply for the schemes.
- Eligibility on the basis of financial conditions
- The family’s annual income should not exceed 2.5 lakh.
- Land ownership of the family overall should not be more than 10 acres for wetland, 25 acres for dry land, or 25 acres for both mixed.
- No person in the family should be working in a government setting or pensioner.
- If there’s any plot owned by the family then it should not exceed 15 square feet.
HOW TO APPLY FOR POST MATRIC SCHOLARSHIPS on the JNANABHUMI portal?
- You can download the JNANABHUMI Scholarship application form from here.
- Fill in the form with all the necessary details and attach the copies of the required documents with the application form.
- After filling the form just submit a copy of it to the principle of the desired college and further t is the responsibility of the college to verify it and submit it to the JNANABHUMI Portal.
- The applicants will then receive an SMS on the successful submission of the application.
- Then the applicant will be required to visit the nearby MEESEVA center where they can log in with their application number and aadhar number and provide their biometric authentication data for the completion of his final registration.
- Regular updates and information are sent directly to the applicant’s registered mobile number from the JNANABHUMI Portal.
- Income & Cast Certificate
- Ration Card, Aadhaar card & Passport size photos
- Meeseva ID
- Bank Account details
- Mobile Number & Email ID
Process of Post Matric scholarship application renewal
To renew the registration, the student will be required to submit an application form for renewal along with his/her previous year admit card and admission date of the present year to his/her college principle. The principle will then forward the application after verifying it on successful completion of which the student will receive a text message which will confirm his application submission. The student will be required to visit the authorities in his college to verify the details and update his biometric authentication in the system for the renewal.
PRE MATRIC SCHOLARSHIP SCHEME BY AP Govt.
AP government also offers Pre Matric scholarship schemes to provide basic educational security to the children who are in 5th to 10th grades by providing financial aid to their families so that they don’t stop their child’s basic education due to lack of funds. The students get direct admissions into the school operated by the Government of Andhra Pradesh.
Eligibility Criiteria for Pre Matric Scholarship Schemes
If you fulfil the criteria given below then you are eligible to apply for the Pre Matric scholarship schemes on the JNANABHUMI portal.
- Students belonging to SC/ST/BC and other minority communities with a yearly family income of Rs. 2 lakh and below.
- Students under the other backward classes communities can only apply if they are in 9th or 10th grades.
HOW TO APPLY FOR PRE-MATRIC SCHOLARSHIPS ?
The Application form link is given above you can download that form from there and fill it with the proper details or the principle of the respective school is responsible for the online application of student’s Pre Matric Scholarship schemes on the JNANABHUMI Portal. The student’s application will then be reviewed and confirmed by the concerned hostel welfare officer(HWO) and he will forward it. After the verification and confirmation from the welfare officer, the welfare officer of the district will sanction the scholarship scheme.
Process of Pre Matric scholarship application renewal
- The renewal of application for pre-matric schemes will be same as the procedure for applying, the student will have to login to his jnanabhumi portal account and fill an application for renewal. He/she can do it with the help of their college principal or by themselves.
- Then the student can modify his/her details and submit the application which then will be reviewed by the Hostel welfare officer and the District welfare officer will be responsible to sanction the same.
How to check JNANABHUMI Scholarship Status?
- Visit the official web portal ofJNANABHUMI from here and click on the login button from the top right corner
- Fill in your login credentials and click on the sign-in button.
- Your account dashboard will open where you need to select the Application Status option to see your scholarship application status.
BENEFITS & Objectives OF JNANABHUMI PORTAL –
- The portal maintains the timely financial management of the funds allotted for the scholarship schemes.
- The portal made the process of getting a scholarship and financial aid easily accessible and transparent.
- As it adds up to the digital India campaign there’s no need for paperwork everything can be done digitally.
- Overall with the help of this portal the Government is helping the aspiring and deserving students of the state to continue their studies without any stress of financial issues.
Toll-free number: 08645274025 (10:30 AM to 5:30 PM on all working days)
Frequently Asked Questions
To check your Post matric scholarship application status you need to login to the JNANABHUMI portal and select the application status check option from your account dashboard.
You can change it by either login in to your account dashboard or you can take the help of your school/college principle depending on your scholarship scheme.